Monday, November 5, 2007

Color Correction

For this assignment, we had to use different settings in white balance and with our flashes. This was my first time gelling a flash. We used a green gel to balance with Fluorescent light and an orange gel to balance with tungsten light.

This was my select:


Caption: Vanessa Riperenger, 23, holds her 8 month old son, Trent, on his first Halloween. She balances Trent with her boyfriend, working 2 jobs, and is seen talking with her mom on the phone in this photo before heading out to trick or treat.

Technical Info: Flash on manual with orange gel, full power, bounced off of white cieling with white card pulled on flash. ISO 400, f/11, 1/125

This was a RAW photo from my tungsten take and so when I color corrected, I had to add blue so that the photo didn't look orange. And it turned out really nice. I love shooting in RAW for the color correction part of it, but as far as space saving tools and convenience, I think that I will have to stick with JPEG's. I do like the power it gives you, but, it's a toss up. Very give and take in my mind. I know for me I have a lot of trouble getting photos to people if I'm shooting in RAW because they can't read the files, and then it takes forever on a large shoot to get everything over to JPEGS for people to read. So that's what I have to say about it. I liked looking at the color changes and how things were altered in my take as I went along shooting.

No comments: