Thursday, September 13, 2007

Changing Light - I didn't know 6am was so pretty!

This is our Changing Light assignment. The idea was to pick a spot and go back several times throughout the day to see what the light did and when. I went to Little Bear Creek Park here in Columbia off of Garth on the north side of town. I got there just before sunrise and came back throughout the day. For all of the photos, I used an ISO of 250. Most of these photos are taken at f/16, but I varied in my outtake between f/8, f/16, and f/29. I did use a tripod so that I could have a stable base and make sure that I had everything set up in the same spot to take the same picture.

I really liked this assignment because I love to watch how the light changes in the morning and evening. I didn't like the earliness of it all and will have to find a way to catch back up on my sleep before heading off to MPW. (Yeah right, I know.) Anyway, below are the ones that I selected for the assignment and an extra one because I liked it but wasn't sure if I could use it.


7:08 am


7:33 am


2:15 pm


7:13pm


7:34 pm



Below: A photo that I liked, but the exposure was bad and I edited the levels in photoshop, not a lot, but I had to bring out the foreground. The sky looked amazing with the clouds like that and the blue was a great color, but the foreground was too dark. So, it's not part of my five that I submitted because of that.

Around 7:15pm

No comments: