Sunday, September 23, 2007

Portraits

Laura Petersen is an amazing classmate of ours that I would like to introduce you to.

Some things you might know already: She's from Texas. She loves to row. She's in a sorority. She's a pretty happy go-lucky kind of girl.

Some things you might not know: She tutors. She's a camp counselor in the summer for little kids. She has a huge heart to go with her smile. And claims that she was the fat kid growing up. (I still don't believe her.)

My favorite portrait is below. I love her hair and her smile. Those are two things that she is never without so I thought that it was important to highlight them. I only used one light which had a soft box on it and a reflector to keep the detail in her face all on the gray background. As I am in Chillicothe and I haven't figured out the cool link that Rita sent us, I have a drawing that is not on here to show you the setup. However, big clue, one light. Shouldn't be too hard to figure this one out kids ;-)




Settings:

ISO set at 200, Aperture was at f/16 and 1/125. The light was a soft box set up high with her sitting on the floor and it was located slightly behind her and to the right with the reflector slightly in front on the left sitting on the floor angled at her face. The power was set at 600.


More to come. I have a few others that I liked a lot that everyone should enjoy!

No comments: